Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Farm Fun on Spring Break

We went down to Nacogdoches for a couple days. This is "the farm".

There are no animals anymore...except for the neighbors horses, no crops anymore, either; but, it has been "the farm" for something like 100 years and I have a feeling that is what it will be for the next 100. :) (Seriously....100 years. Wow.)

Michael "playing" on the tractor.

Yes, he's really working, but it looks fun to me!


My girls playing in the sandbox that occupies hours of their time here. See their little green headbands?

Had to wear them...it was St. Pattie's day. Love the way it goes with their little chocolate striped sweaters....and the sparkly bright skirts. Oh, the fashion trends of the 3 year old. Lol!


The horses.
They belong to the neighbor but provide an excellent excuse for a ride on the "mule".

Emma *adores* horses, so this ranks somewhere close to heaven for her!


I love the old barn. It will probably come down later this summer, and I will probably cry, which is really dumb since I have no history with it except for a love of old stuff. *sniff*

Speaking of old stuff. Cool.


It is so peaceful and relaxing here. Especially, in the early morning.

A good break.

No comments: