I found these little compass/whistle things at Academy. I thought that was all they were. Little did I know they were actually mini survival kits. They have a whistle on one end and a compass on the other, a flint on the side, *and* the compass screws off to reveal a small signal mirror and waterproof storage area. Wow. You can tell I was never a boy scout....or girl scout either. Lol! I had no clue....it took 9 and 10 year olds to reveal my ignorance.
I am so proud of you two, keep up the good work and keep that hand sanitizer nearby. Next week there are 3 more possible candidates for the survival kit. I hope to see you there!!!
Also, this last Sunday, we checked out our rock candy progress....
Very nice. A couple kids decided to take theirs home this week. It's so hard to wait for solid sugar.
I am wondering just how long it will take for them to actually get to the size you see in stores. There has to be another process that's faster....this kind of thinking always got me in trouble during science fair days....hmmm, if I put the crystal solution in the microwave will it speed up the evaporation process? How about a stove top try? A blowtorch? *Sigh* My crystals never did grow quite as impressive as they were so supposed to. I think I traumatized them.
No comments:
Post a Comment