It all started last year when Michael did the 1 year photos for this family. One of the props we used was a simply decorated, 6"- 2 layer cake with a #1 on top. The little girl got to tear into the cake while MB took pictures. I made the cake, and the parents loved it so much that they came this year to ask if I would do the party cake for their daughter's 2nd bday.
I have never made a big (larger than a 9"-3 layer, or 13x9 sheet) cake, but, I love a challenge, so, I accepted.
The party theme is Tinkerbell...and here is my cake. It's simple, but, I really love it. I hope they feel the same way. The base is a cardboard thing I picked up at Michael's. They don't have to use it, but I wanted to give the option.
The layers are yellow butter cake. The top is a 9" - 2 layer, and the bottom is a 12" - 2 layer. The cake is iced in buttercream, and the flowers are fondant. Tinkerbell is a little doll I picked up at the store.
Happy 2nd Birthday, Juliet!
4 comments:
Good job, Tamara! I never woulod have doubted that yoou could do a beautiful job of it! Cakes are so much fun. =)
I made some more cookies, ands Yes,...I will share my recipe. ;) i will try to get that to you today or I will probably forget. :)
Love, Shay
That looks really great!
Did you get a picture of a little girl with green teeth afterward?
Ummm....Shay, where's that recipe?
No green teeth, Adina, what a pity. ;o)
Post a Comment