Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lists

I am a serious list maker.

I absolutely adore them.

I absolutely have to have them.

Seriously.

Somewhere between child #1 and child #4 my brain decided to take a vacation. As in it decides at random to simply hang the "Gone Fishing" sign on the door frame...or "Out to Lunch", "Gone Shopping", "Be Back Shortly", whatever and whenever and never with advanced notice. (This has been a source of comedy relief to my husband on more than one occasion.)

So, not only do I simply love lists, but I have to have them to get any job of any real size accomplished. Plus, I think I get some sort of immediate gratification from being able to mark things off. I get this sense of accomplishment when I have a neat little list of to-do items all marked off. Oh, yes! I really did something today! See! See!

I prefer to explain it that way. The other alternative is to equate my love of checking things off with the same pleasure a toddler gets when she adds a sticker to a chart and while my attention span may rival that of a toddler...well, anyhow...

And while organizer/list apps for my Droid are great and all...but there's nothing like having a list on paper that I can scribble on, doodle on, mark up, add to, and vent all my frustrations and celebrations upon.

No comments: