MJonathan turned 6 on May 2. It is really strange to realize that my second child is now 6. Wow. *sniff, sniff*
Anyway, the boy wanted to go to the Caldwell Zoo for his bday....so, off we went. (Thanks for coming with us Justin and Miriam!)
I love the alligators. Dunno, why.
Lions (he always looks SO bored, by the way),

and tigers,
and bears...oh, my...that is definately NOT a bear. :o)
Neither are these....but they sure are cute!
The bird walk is cool, a highlight with my kids...although I seriously wonder if Elizabeth will ever have a real live pet. She likes animals...from a distance.
The elephants were awesome!!! One of these is actually the largest land animal in North America. How cool is that? Right in Tyler, Texas you can see the heaviest land animal on the continent.
The trip was lots of fun, perfect weather, and perfect company...but the party was yet to come...
When I asked MJ what animal he really liked and wanted on his cake...he challenged me with a giraffe. I got online and did some research and this giraffe is what I came up with.
So, mommy got to work. Yummmm.....deep, dark chocolate.
Cut to resemble a giraffe's head.
And then the icing.
Hooray! (Not an exact replica, but I was happy with it and so was the birthday boy, which is all that really matters.)
Party time!
(May I take a sec to congratulate Tim and Karen on the birth of their absolutely adorable little girl?)
Congratulations! She's gorgeous and you know I want to keep her...only they won't let me. How selfish is that?
I guess they figure their boys need a gentling influence. ;o)
Back to our regularly scheduled programming:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MJONATHAN!
I love you,
Love,
Mom
(And his "posed" smile tickles me every time!)














1 comment:
ADORABLE boy and cake! And I agree... it's pretty selfish of Tim and Karen to want to keep their little girl! :P
Post a Comment